Skip to main content

Belfast

 It seems only fitting for my first destination to be Belfast. As freshers has come to a close, the city welcomes a sea full of new and returning students to explore all that Belfast has to offer. The student loan needs to be spent wisely or beans on toast will soon become breakfast, dinner and lunch. It's easy to get carried away going out for dinner, drinks and of course shopping (myself included), but, luckily i've found some cheap eats and activities that I can't wait to share with you all. This is my way of enjoying Belfast - on a budget. 

Me at the Boneyard in Belfast

One of my favourite spots in Belfast would have to be Botanic Gardens which is located right next to one of the university's so it's a popular location with students. It's also close to many of the student housing areas. It is a huge hit on a summers day with lots of prime sun bathing spots. There is nothing more enjoyable on a sunny day than heading down with friends and spending the afternoon admiring the views together. For those culture vultures out there the Ulster Museum is located within the gardens which is rich in art, history and natural sciences. Admissions are also free so why wouldn't you want the chance to gain some knowledge, or be face to face with a dinasour? The Botanic Gardens are surrounded by various cafes and restaurants, however, my go to has to be Tribal Burger. The burgers and loaded fries taste amazing and is such a cheap easy lunch so its a win win. Burgers range from £6-£7.20 and sides £3-£4.50, they even have vegan burgers available. You can enjoy your meal at Botanic Gardens, or if it's a colder day you can eat in. The restaurant itself is filled with colour and abstract so its perfect for all those instagrams. 

Loaded fries at Tribal Burger

Another alternative closer to the city centre with the same idea is Belfast City Hall, which is arguably one of the most iconic buildings in Belfast. You can take a walk through the gardens or just chill out watching people rush by. City Hall looks even better at night as its often illuminated with different colours, often to represent a charity or event. Another cheap restaurant located within the city centre is Pizza Punks, the pizza is so good it was voted as the best pizza in the U.K so it's definitely worth a visit. The pizzas range from £6-£12 and you can even create your own choosing from over 50 unlimited toppings at a set price of £11. They also have a special deal on every Monday where you can grab two pizzas and two drinks all for £20 which is perfect for going out on a date, or with friends. 

City Hall illuminated orange for suicide prevention

Now that's the budget side of Belfast covered i'm about to explore the alternative side, which I like to call 'Boujee Belfast'. Belfast is the perfect city to have fancy meals and the best cocktails if your willing to spend the £££. There is no better place for a meal than Stix and Stones if you're willing to pay a bit extra. This steakhouse is well known for their 'steak on the stone' where you are able to cook your own steak on a hot stone. Such a unique and super fun idea. The steaks on the stone range from £20-£34 but it is definitely worth it, especially for the whole experience as the restaurant itself is extremely sophisticated. The good news is they are offering 50% off (up to a maximum of £10 per head) Monday-Wednesday throughout the month of October so no better time to treat yourself. 

Soup at Stix and Stones


Steak 'on the rock'


One essential activity on a trip to Belfast is the Titanic exhibition. An adult ticket is priced at £19 and a childs ticket is £8.50, or free for under 5's. Fortunately they do have a discounted price for students at £15.50. The Titanic Museum unfolds the story through nine interactive galleries including themed rides and special effects. The museum has won multiple awards, including Northern Ireland's Tourist Boards 5 star visitor attraction and an award for outstanding achievement presented to them by the Themed Entertainment Association. 

Titanic Exhibition 

When visiting the museum why not make a night of it and enjoy a stay at the Titanic Hotel located right next door. This four star boutique hotel offers a fantastic deal which includes an overnight stay, full Titanic breakfast and free admission to the attraction, as well as free parking all for £149 per room. The hotel itself used to Harland and Wolff's headquarters giving the hotel a symbolic feel, as well as corridors within the hotel resembling ship corridors making the guests feel like a passenger on the ship.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

North Coast

 One of my favourite areas to visit in Northern Ireland for a short break is the North Coast. It has everything you could possibly need; amazing restaurants, beautiful beaches and a great variety of activities. There are so many stunning places to explore and fantastic things to do it will be hard job to narrow down my top spots.  My mum, me and my sister in Me and Mrs Jones Lost and found eatery is a secret gem located close to Portstewart Strand and has the best brunch menu. The restaurants itself has a simplistic feel and overlooks the sea. Who wouldn't want to drink their morning coffee while enjoying the waves beat against the sand? This eatery is definitely a must visit for all the foodies out there, it is quite expensive but if you've tried the food you'll understand why. My personal favourite is the 'JackFruit Tacos' which are made up of pulled jackfruit, house salsa, lime aioli and  avocado on soft-shell tacos. It costs £7.50 and are filled with flavour. Th

Coffee Hot Spots

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is have a cup of coffee, it kick starts my day. I'm sure many of you will agree with me that there is nothing better on a cold morning than a hot cup of coffee. Two or three times a week I would go to an independent coffee shop, either by myself or with a friend and treat myself to a scone or sandwich. Unfortunately, now with the new lockdown rules, we can no longer sit--in and enjoy our morning coffee, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them whilst walking, sitting down at a park, or even in our own homes. Just because we can't sit in doesn't mean we should avoid them altogether, we need to make an extra effort to place an order over these next three weeks, and support local businesses throughout Northern Ireland. I will be sharing with you some of my weekly coffee shop visits and orders, hopefully, you can try them out too! Me in 3 Kings Portstewart Blend & Batch  I would usually take a visit to Blend & B

Introducing me and my blog!

 Hi, welcome to my first ever blog! I'm excited to share my content with you here, as well as through my instagram @jennysinsighttoni. I hope you enjoy my future posts. My names Jenny and I'm 20 years old going into my second year studying marketing at Ulster University. As part of my digital marketing and analytic module I have been asked to create a blog on something that interests me. I have chosen to base my blog on fun things to do throughout Northern Ireland. I'm a very active and adventurous person, I love finding new places to explore or new restaurants to visit.  I don't know about you but on my days off I love meeting up with family or friends and doing something exciting. It's hard to think of new ideas sometimes but hopefully with my blog posts, and more regularly my instagram posts I can share some of my favourite day trips which might inspire you.  Northern Ireland has some of the most beautiful spots right on your doorstop. Due to the lack of outbound