Skip to main content

Coffee Hot Spots

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is have a cup of coffee, it kick starts my day. I'm sure many of you will agree with me that there is nothing better on a cold morning than a hot cup of coffee. Two or three times a week I would go to an independent coffee shop, either by myself or with a friend and treat myself to a scone or sandwich. Unfortunately, now with the new lockdown rules, we can no longer sit--in and enjoy our morning coffee, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them whilst walking, sitting down at a park, or even in our own homes. Just because we can't sit in doesn't mean we should avoid them altogether, we need to make an extra effort to place an order over these next three weeks, and support local businesses throughout Northern Ireland. I will be sharing with you some of my weekly coffee shop visits and orders, hopefully, you can try them out too!

Me in 3 Kings Portstewart

Blend & Batch 

I would usually take a visit to Blend & Batch and get breakfast with a coffee before taking a walk around Banbridge outlet, but now I'll have to walk around whilst drinking coffee and order my meal to go. My go-to is the smashed avocado which is avocado, poached eggs, chilli flakes, and sriracha sauce for £5.95. I would also order a mocha as I love the combination of coffee with chocolate. During lockdown you can order off the brunch menu, which includes the smashed avocado every morning 8am-3pm. They also have an evening menu available Monday to Saturday from 5pm-8pm. The menu has a wide variety including cajun chicken penne pasta costing £9.95, and a large range of burgers ranging from £9.95-£12.95. 


Ground Espresso Bar

My local ground espresso is located in Portadown and is housed inside a stunning pumphouse, overlooking the River Bann. The Portadown branch is open every day 9am-4pm for takeaway. My go-to drink in ground is a cappuccino with oat milk, or on a warmer day, I'd order an iced caramel latte. They also sell an 'iced latte mix' which is a litre of fresh milk, 5 double shots of house espresso, and your choice of flavour between vanilla, caramel, or hazelnut for £8. All you need to do is add ice and you can enjoy the perfect iced latte at any time. A visit to ground is not complete until you have tried their famous salted caramel brownies, these brownies melt in your mouth when warm and are definitely worth a try. You can purchase 8 for only £4. Why not enjoy your coffee while taking a walk along the River Bann?


The Apple Patch 

This gem of a cafe is located only 5 minutes from my house in Scotch Street so I visit it a lot. I always order a vanilla latte and it's always so thick and creamy. When I order it to take-out it's still always hot by the time I get home which I love, as I drink my coffee very hot. For days I'm feeling extra productive I order the Nutella pancakes with strawberries which is £6.80. Another alternative to kick start my morning is the granola pots made of fresh berries, homemade oats, honey granola, and natural yoghurt for £4.65, these pots are also very handy to bring to work. The Apple Patch is open 11am-3am Tuesday-Saturday during lockdown for takeaway services. 


Guilt Trip Coffee

This last cafe has stores in both Portstewart and Belfast so whether you taking a walk along Portstewart Strand or shopping at Connswater you can enjoy a tasty guilt trip donut. I love their flat white's alongside a salted caramel donut, which is £5.50 for both. The Belfast store is open for takeaway 10am-4pm Monday-Sunday. The Portstewart stores opening hours are 8am-7pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-9pm Friday-Sunday. They also sell their own branded merchandise, including personalised flasks. Although you can't sit in right now, it's definitely worth the visit in three weeks time as the interior is modern and minimalistic.

Guilt Trip in Portstewart


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Coast

 One of my favourite areas to visit in Northern Ireland for a short break is the North Coast. It has everything you could possibly need; amazing restaurants, beautiful beaches and a great variety of activities. There are so many stunning places to explore and fantastic things to do it will be hard job to narrow down my top spots.  My mum, me and my sister in Me and Mrs Jones Lost and found eatery is a secret gem located close to Portstewart Strand and has the best brunch menu. The restaurants itself has a simplistic feel and overlooks the sea. Who wouldn't want to drink their morning coffee while enjoying the waves beat against the sand? This eatery is definitely a must visit for all the foodies out there, it is quite expensive but if you've tried the food you'll understand why. My personal favourite is the 'JackFruit Tacos' which are made up of pulled jackfruit, house salsa, lime aioli and  avocado on soft-shell tacos. It costs £7.50 and are filled with flavour. Th

Introducing me and my blog!

 Hi, welcome to my first ever blog! I'm excited to share my content with you here, as well as through my instagram @jennysinsighttoni. I hope you enjoy my future posts. My names Jenny and I'm 20 years old going into my second year studying marketing at Ulster University. As part of my digital marketing and analytic module I have been asked to create a blog on something that interests me. I have chosen to base my blog on fun things to do throughout Northern Ireland. I'm a very active and adventurous person, I love finding new places to explore or new restaurants to visit.  I don't know about you but on my days off I love meeting up with family or friends and doing something exciting. It's hard to think of new ideas sometimes but hopefully with my blog posts, and more regularly my instagram posts I can share some of my favourite day trips which might inspire you.  Northern Ireland has some of the most beautiful spots right on your doorstop. Due to the lack of outbound