Skip to main content

Spooky Season

 We are fast approaching the spookiest time of the year. Costumes and candy doesn't have to be the only plans for this Halloween. Throughout Northern Ireland there are various events planned suitable for all ages, raging from a slight spook to a spine chilling scare. 


The Jungle 

The Jungle outside Moneymore is hosting a new event called 'Hallowee'uns', which is aimed at young children and their families. From Monday 26th October through until Saturday 31st October there will be marshmallow toasting, quad train rides around the jungle site and a haunted Haycart ride with wicked witch telling spooky stories on board. There is also a challenge of navigating your way through the mysterious Maize Maze. All other Jungle NI activities including archery, climbing wall, bungee trampolines and paintball shouting will also be available. The children can also pick out their own pumpkin and carve it out, after the staff has safely cut the top off. They will also be able to draw out a scary face for the helpers to carve out before bringing it home. An adults ticket is £4 and a childs 2+ is £15. 

The adults can't be forgotten about either. The Fright Night 2.0 is a terrifying trail of terror lasting approximately 90 minutes. Throughout the trail you will encounter a range of frightening creatures, telling tales to send chills up your spine. This event is designed to startle and scare the toughest horror fans out there. This hair raising trail will provide adrenaline striking stimulation through the use of lighting and special effects throughout. If you are brave enough to attempt this 4/5 fear factor trail you will need to purchase a ticket at £30 in order to secure your place.

Drive in Cinema

For all your horror movie fans out there Let's Go Hydro are showing some frightening films at their drive in cinema. Every Friday in October they are displaying a different horror movie in the lead up to Halloween. The 'Sleepy Hallow' is screening 16th October and 'Insidious' is screening 23rd October, both at 7pm. For £24 you will receive your ticket to the movie of your choice, popcorn, one margarita pizza and a sharing soft drink to enjoy. On Halloween week they have a spine-tingling movie shown every night, apart fromHalloween night. The timetable is:                                                                                                   

Crumlin Road Goal 

The 'Jail of Horror' event is described as Belfast's most fearsome scare attraction. This event is open to anyone above the age of 12 and a ticket costs £12.50 online. This 30 minute scare attraction takes place in the off-limits D Wing where no one will hear your screams and it only has one way out! On this intense scare after scare journey visitors will face all their fears throughout Belfasts oldest prison. This event is directed for those seeking a heart pounding experience.

Crumlin Road Goal are also launching a new Halloween event this year which is a 2hour paranormal investigation. This is a ghost hunting experience, led by experts which gives visitors the opportunity to interact with spirits. Guests will get hands on with authentic experiments using paranormal investigation equipment. This experience will visit various hotspots throughout the jail where paranormal activity has been reported and sighted. This ghostly experience in the haunted prison is available to those over 15 and tickets are £35. 

Both events run 15th-31st October.

Halloween 2018 at Crumlin Road Gaol

Gruffalo Guided Halloween Walk

From 26th October until 1st November children can join a walking guided tour throughout Colin Glen Forest Park. Families can enjoy a reading of the much loved children's book, 'The Gruffalo'. The children are then given the chance to explore the woodlands and bump into many familiar faces mentioned throughout the book. They can  explore the 'Stick-man Trail' and choose a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch, they are also given the chance to try and carve the pumpkin before taking it home. The price includes a book from the author of 'The Gruffalo' - Julia Donaldson, a 'I have met the Gruffalo' certificate and a 'Gruffalo' goodie bag. Tickets are £15 for a child and £2.50 for an adult. The tours are available 26th October until 1st November at 10am and 1pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Coast

 One of my favourite areas to visit in Northern Ireland for a short break is the North Coast. It has everything you could possibly need; amazing restaurants, beautiful beaches and a great variety of activities. There are so many stunning places to explore and fantastic things to do it will be hard job to narrow down my top spots.  My mum, me and my sister in Me and Mrs Jones Lost and found eatery is a secret gem located close to Portstewart Strand and has the best brunch menu. The restaurants itself has a simplistic feel and overlooks the sea. Who wouldn't want to drink their morning coffee while enjoying the waves beat against the sand? This eatery is definitely a must visit for all the foodies out there, it is quite expensive but if you've tried the food you'll understand why. My personal favourite is the 'JackFruit Tacos' which are made up of pulled jackfruit, house salsa, lime aioli and  avocado on soft-shell tacos. It costs £7.50 and are filled with flavour. Th

Coffee Hot Spots

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is have a cup of coffee, it kick starts my day. I'm sure many of you will agree with me that there is nothing better on a cold morning than a hot cup of coffee. Two or three times a week I would go to an independent coffee shop, either by myself or with a friend and treat myself to a scone or sandwich. Unfortunately, now with the new lockdown rules, we can no longer sit--in and enjoy our morning coffee, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them whilst walking, sitting down at a park, or even in our own homes. Just because we can't sit in doesn't mean we should avoid them altogether, we need to make an extra effort to place an order over these next three weeks, and support local businesses throughout Northern Ireland. I will be sharing with you some of my weekly coffee shop visits and orders, hopefully, you can try them out too! Me in 3 Kings Portstewart Blend & Batch  I would usually take a visit to Blend & B

Introducing me and my blog!

 Hi, welcome to my first ever blog! I'm excited to share my content with you here, as well as through my instagram @jennysinsighttoni. I hope you enjoy my future posts. My names Jenny and I'm 20 years old going into my second year studying marketing at Ulster University. As part of my digital marketing and analytic module I have been asked to create a blog on something that interests me. I have chosen to base my blog on fun things to do throughout Northern Ireland. I'm a very active and adventurous person, I love finding new places to explore or new restaurants to visit.  I don't know about you but on my days off I love meeting up with family or friends and doing something exciting. It's hard to think of new ideas sometimes but hopefully with my blog posts, and more regularly my instagram posts I can share some of my favourite day trips which might inspire you.  Northern Ireland has some of the most beautiful spots right on your doorstop. Due to the lack of outbound